By Aaron McKeon and Michele Wunderlich
On March 1, 2023 the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation’s Division of Water held a webinar on “Navigating Grant Funding: Municipal Success Stories”. The presentation featured municipal officials from around New York State discussing their success strategies for applying for and managing grant funds. Access a recording of the webinar here: https://bit.ly/3Msg2kH
Subjects discussed in this 90-minute webinar include:
- Using multiple grants to fund a project,
- Developing local support for a project,
- Building relationships with local partners,
- Using in-kind services to meet match requirements,
- Using grant funds to pay for staff, and
- Tips for first-time grant applicants.
On April 19, 2023, Kate Black and Greg Hutnik gave a presentation at the Cayuga Lake Watershed Intermunicipal Organization (CWIO) on project development, grant management and funding opportunities.
- Kate (Hogle) Black, a Coastal Resource Specialist with the NYS Department of State (DOS), Office of Planning, Development & Community Infrastructure spoke about DOS grant funding opportunities, and tips on successful grant applications and management.
- Greg Hutnik, a Senior Planner & GIS Analyst with the Cayuga County Department of Planning and Economic Development spoke on project development, grant writing, grant administration, and how the county assists municipalities with grants.
This presentation is available for viewing on the new Cayuga County WQMA YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/@CayugaCountyWQMA.